Cover for sports and activities on holiday
Sports travel insurance from Columbus Direct is tailored for those who don't want to just laze on a beach during their holiday. Simply add our Adventure Pack on the next step to be covered for a wide range of sports and activities.
IMPORTANT: In purchasing a policy you understand and accept that this product, all the policy documentation and surrounding services will be provided in English language.
- Buying online
only takes 5 mins
- Instant insurance
certificate via email
- Buy up to 1 hour
before you leave
- Secure data connection certified by Geotrust
- Up to US$ 14 million
- Up to US$ 7,500
- Up to US$ 4,000
- Many sports and activities covered
- Ski and snowboard
Travel Alert: Large electronic devices now banned on certain flights to the UK and US. Read more and find out what's covered >
More information on Sports travel insurance
Holidays are a great opportunity to discover the outdoors and try out some new sports. But not all sports and activities are covered as standard with a travel insurance policy. So if you are planning an active holiday, it is important to make sure that you are covered for the sports and activities you want to get involved in.
- Sports and activities covered as standard: Ballooning as a passenger, basketball, boxing training (no contact), bungee jumping (maximum 2 jumps), cycling (not touring), dinghy sailing, elephantriding (1‐2 days), hiking, horse riding (not jumping), jet boating, kayaking/ canoeing/rafting involving white water rapids grades 1, 2 and 3, marathon running, martial arts training, mopeds, motorcycling on vehicles up to 125cc, overland expedition, parascending/ parasailing, passenger light aircraft/helicopter, river‐sledging, running,safari,sailing inshore (inside 20km limit),scuba diving with a qualified diving instructor (maximum depth 30 metres), sea canoeing, snorkelling, surfing, trekking, water skiing, weightlifting, windsurfing.
- Sports that can be covered at an extra premium: Abseiling, American football, bungee jumping (more than 2 jumps), cricket, deep sea fishing (inside 20km limit), fencing, football/soccer, gliding, gymnastics, hockey, kayaking/canoeing/rafting involving white water rapids grades 4 and 5, polo, rugby (union or league), scuba diving (maximum depth 30 metres).
To see cover available, and to see the price of adventure travel insurance from Columbus Direct Middle East, fill out the details on the page above and click ‘show price'.
Remember to ”Add Adventure Sports Cover" on the next step if you are planning to take part in any activities covered under this extension.
You should note that there is NO cover for the following:
- Sports or leisure activities where there is a significant risk of bodily injury such as jet‐skiing, quad biking, rock climbing, free climbing, mountaineering normally requiring the use of ropes and guides, caving or potholing, rafting/kayaking/canoeing involving white water rapids in excess of grade 5, canyoning, scuba diving (if YOU are diving at a depth of more than 30 metres; or if YOU are not qualified for the dive undertaken or accompanied by a qualified instructor; or diving alone; or diving on or in wrecks; or cave or ice diving), motorsports or competitions, hunting on horseback, point‐to‐pointing and steeple‐chasing, equestrian competitions, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (20km limit) and any other sports or leisure activity involving physical contact or where there is significant risk of bodily injury.
- Competitive races involving the use of vehicles or watercraft.
- Professional sports.
Columbus Direct is rated 4.7 / 5 based on 258 customer reviews